A Guide On Using Signature Craft's UV Resin

Signature Craft UV Resin

Light Cure UV Resin is an easy-to-use product with excellent results!

UV Resin is actually a two-part epoxy. But, instead of mixing two liquids (liquid resin and liquid activator), the activator is already in the resin. The activator reacts with UV Light which cures the resin.

We feel the best way to cure Light Cure UV Resin is to use our UV/LED Lamp. The lamp was developed with the correct wavelength of light that reacts the resin. We like the lamp because it allows you more control.

To cure the resin, fill a mold cavity with the resin and slide it into the lamp. The mold needs to slide to the back of the lamp because that is where there is the largest concentration of bulbs.

Using the time buttons, select 60 seconds for your initial exposure. After the time is up, rotate the mold and expose the resin for another 60 seconds. When that is done, flip the mold over and cure through the bottom of the mold for a final 60 seconds. It is advisable to wait a minute between exposures as the resin can get very hot. After you have exposed the mold on the bottom, wait a few minutes for it to cool off before de-molding.


Helpful Hints:

When applying the resin to the mold, it’s best to hold the bottle at a 45° angle. This causes any air bubbles in the bottle to rise away from the spout.

Positioning the bottle in the mold: Place the spout against the side of the mold to help reduce air bubbles. Squeeze gently and let the resin flow into the mold cavity until full.

Air Bubbles: Every so often you may get a few air bubbles when putting resin in the mold. Give it a few minutes to let them rise to the surface. They will usually pop on their own. Occasionally you’ll get a few stubborn ones that get stuck on the side of the mold. Use a toothpick to bring those to the surface. You can use a hair dryer to pop any stubborn surface bubbles.


Light Cure Resin Colors:

Light Cure UV Resin is available in Clear and 6 colors: White, Black, Red, Blue, Pink and Purple. These are ALL translucent colors. The White and Black are not opaque. They can’t be! The light waves must penetrate the resin to cure it. If the resin is opaque, the light does not penetrate, and resin can’t cure.

You can add colorants to Light Cure Resin. We have used Alcohol Ink and water-based colorants. Please use VERY SMALL amounts as colorants may disrupt the chemical balance of the light cure formula. Adding either of these items both require mixing. Make sure you let the mixed solution rest, so the bubbles come to the surface. Colorants may also affect cure time or may cause the resin not to cure. It’s best to test first!


Adding Glitter, Mica, Foil and More:

When adding Glitter or Mica, remember that the UV light must penetrate the resin to cure completely. Turning the mold to expose your mold to the light is very helpful.

Mica goes a VERY long way and is typically light enough to stay suspended in the liquid. We recommend you start with the smallest amount and mix thoroughly. Mixing causes air bubbles; let them rise to be popped.

Glitter is another favorite resin additive. Glitter will be a heavier substance. Unless you cure it quickly, it will settle to the bottom of the mold. Exposing all sides of the mold to UV light will help it cure completely.

Foil is very popular in UV Resin and should be added after the resin is poured in the mold. We use a toothpick to push it under the resin surface, to spread it out and position it.


Hey! I cured my resin for 3 minutes and it’s still sticky! What happened?!

This can happen for a few reasons:

  1. The mold was not pushed to the back of the lamp where lights are strongest.
  2. The resin did not spend enough time under the lights: Try additional exposures in 30 second increments.
  3. The lamp is underpowered, and lights are not strong enough. There could be two reasons for this: Plug the USB power cord into an Apple or Android phone adapter instead of a computer. The lamp could be defective.


If you have any questions, please feel free to email The Glueologist:


Thank You!

Older Post