The 80’s trend with bright colors, geometric shapes and crazy prints. A 90’s pop and tribal grunge trend are both so hot on the scene.
Today I wanted to share the coolest project; DIY Triangle Planters. These planters have a fun 80s vibe to them. Make your own with Makers Mix DIY Concrete, paints from Deco Art and fill with plants or tealights!
- Makers Mix DIY Fast Setting Concrete
- Cardboard; Recycled Box Works Great
- Shot Glass or Dixie Cup
- Acrylic Craft Paints; Salmon, Teal, Pink Explosion, Green Energy, Radiant Yellow, Peach Punch, Knockout Blue, Neon Lights Line-Deco Art Brands
- Duck Tape
- Tools: Ruler, Pencil, Popsicle Stick, Paint Brush or Craft Palette Knife, Mixing Bowl, Measuring Spoon, Spatula, Water.
Measure a 4 inch triangle shape in the center of a piece of cardboard. At each triangle side measure a 4 by 4 inch box shape. This will form a “Y” type shape. (See Photos)
Fold up all the sides of the box, tape the whole box together using duck tape. (Leaving an opening to pour the concrete)
Grease the handmade mold and the outside of the shot glass with some cooking spray or brush some oil into it.
Mix 1 cup of Makers Mix with 5 1/2 Tablespoons of water in a medium sized plastic bowl, until well blended. It should be the consistency of brownie batter.
Fill the mold with the concrete a little more then half way. Tap the mold a few times on the table to loosen any air bubbles.
Press the greased shot glass halfway into the center of the concrete and let set for at least 30 minutes. If you have any extra concrete left over fill the remainder into another mold so you don’t waste it. Let all pieces completely dry for 12 hours, preferably 24 hours before painting.
Once the concrete is dry, remove from the mold. Start drawing a bunch of rectangle shapes onto one corner of the concrete. Paint the shapes with different acrylic paints.
Fill your triangle holders with tealights, small succulents, or cacti.
- Create a bunch of these for party tables.
- Add polka dots to them, gold leafing, the choice is yours.
- Here is a quick video for you to see how easy it is to make these.
See you soon for more fun projects!